Tuesday, January 26, 2010

STARWARS

from 7:

starwars is BEST movie ever. I have 2 favorite charecters,Princess Leia, and Luke Skywalker.Yoda sounds funny. I told 37 that "Yoda sounds like Grover." and then dad said that "that was a very strong observation"and then 37 said "you're right Gracie. Yoda and Grover are the same pepole.Yoda and Grover have the same person spoken for their voice." Princess Leia kissed Honsolo and Luke both on the lips.in movie #5.one time I started breathing like darthvator.

from 37:

Okay, okay, geeks, hold your fire, and don't go bustin' 7's chops just because she gets a bit of the plot of star wars mixed up with the empire strikes back. She is but a young jedi and with enough (read: hundreds more) viewings, she, too, will be able to differentiate between the six sagas. Let's just for now be impressed that she referred to the leia smooch-a-thon scene as heralding from episode FIVE. (I won't tell you WHO referred to it as episode TWO just the week prior but...um, yeah, it was totally me.) So, anyhow this whole love-of-all-things Galaxy Far Far Away started about two weeks ago, when we decided it was high time to indoctrinate 7 and her younger brother into the world of droids and space dudes. Scott and I decided to start the viewing in the order in which nature and George Lucas intended: beginning with Princess Bun Head. Seeing this movie was a pivotal point in MY life, when my dad took me to a "grown up" movie for the very first time. I felt like the coolest kid in the world. And Princess Leia....whooo....she was a VISION in her flowy, hooded white gown, and her dewy coral lip gloss, and that hair....my moon and stars....the HAIR!! Those buns would be something we young lasses would not only covet in the late 70s, but attempt to recreate again and again and again, usually, to no avail, even with maternal involvement. It's no wonder so many of us fell for her, and why 7 is falling for her now. Next week, we'll have a viewing of Episode SIX, where 7 will learn, and undoubtedly be grossed out by, the fact that the previously ne'er do wrong Princess has been smooching on her BROTHER. Ewwww!





2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post! I have loved hearing about the Star Wars viewings, I only wish my first viewing of the ORIGINAL movies was that exciting.

    ReplyDelete