Sunday, December 20, 2009

#7's christmas play

#7


today I had a christmas play. I wore my purple robe and we could'nt find the little rope that goes around my robe so we ended up using my dark purple scarf.and today at my christmas play............. we sang..............no ordinary night the first line is there's something in the air tonight it feel's as if the time right for something quite amazing to occur,the next song is glory to god.minding the flock tending the sheep trying to catch a moment of sleep,the next song is shaggy smelly sheep.the first line to that is camped upon a green judean hillside,the next song is head'in down to bethlehem,can't belive we really saw a angel,the next song is this is Jesus, little baby little savior who was born this holy night,the next song is go and tell.shout it from the housetop's.
P.S. we had speaking part's.

# 37

My participation in today's play was what my boss would refer to as "and all other duties as required." From the flocking of the sheep to the ironing of the backdrops to the wheeling out of the stage partition, I helped fill in the blanks where necessary. All of the accolades, however, go to my amazing friend, Martie, who pulled off the whole she-bang, along with our fab music director, Mark. I don't know how they did what they did, because it was one major production for our medium-ish Lutheran church, but they did it, and it was AWESOME. There's something magical and fabulous about a Christmas play; what a great way to celebrate this wonderful time of year.

8 comments:

  1. ah, from watching HSM to bEING said stage presence... hooray for theatre adn SINGING. next time, 7, an invitation would be nice. oh, but we might clap in joy... is that ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of Christmas plays, my oldest and I just finished reading The Best Christmas Pageant Ever (a book that I loved as a kid). My 8 and I laughed a lot, and, 7 and 37, if you two haven't already shared that one, you should! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First I want to say thank you for inviting me into the inner circle of blog fans! I won't mention how the blog started on December 1st and I just found out about it on December 24th...hee hee hee! With that said, I just wanted to say that I am very much enjoying the views from 7 and 37. Also, I would like to make a request for Gracie to sing me the "shaggy smelly sheep" song when you all come to visit in January. Love and kisses, Auntie Melissa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. julie......we have that book too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. auntie melissa.....that song is the one i don't like the most. you can watch it on the camrea because 37 recorded it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes it's wonderful ikonoklast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. julie: got it JUST this year!

    auntie melissa: jake and i will GLADLY sing you the smelly sheep song!

    ikkonoklast: wonderful = coming to clap and dance and sing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. auntie it's actually shaggy smelly sheep.

    ReplyDelete