Tuesday, December 8, 2009

What is your favorite christmas movie?




from 7:



my favorite christmas movie would have to be "mickey's twice upon a christmas."the thing that the movie is trying to teach little one's is...... well....... let's just say little children are donald.k?so their so little and their brains are so small.so let's think the little children's brain's as Donald's heart. Donald's heart is so small he does'nt care enogh at christmastime because he think's the true meaning of christmas is all about getting presents. but it's really about caring for others and celebrating jesus's birth. when jesus was born and he turned one that was year one, same thing when he turned two and three........and on and on.



from 37:

I had no idea what an array of Christmas movies existed, until I read somewhere that ABC Family was hosting an entire month full of 'em. Blew my mind. Lots of fluffy stuff I'd never heard of, chock full of dogs saving humans, humans saving dogs, dogs saving children who need better humans, you know...happy with a splash of sappy, and a dash of weepy. But among of these offerings, if I were to pick my fave, I would still revert back to "It's a Wonderful Life", which I'd never seen until maybe six or seven years ago. My sweet husband, knowing my fondness for a good tearjerker, recommended it to me, because I had apparently been living under ye olde proverbial rock where Christmas Classics were concerned. Anyhow, saw it, loved it, cried my eyes out, and now it's an essential part of my holiday season. Although I did see a movie on ABC Family this weekend that was pretty interesting, just for people-watching-sake. It must have been filmed circa 1989, because the lady was wearing a dress VERY similar to one I had during that EXACT year. Actually, I think most of us had that dress that year...but just seeing it made me miss the poufy clothes of the late 80s/early 90s, and the way our hair was just uncontrollably flowy and big, and girls got to wear bows with a straight face. Like we thought they looked GOOD. So, that movie, whatever it was called, gets an honorable mention, just for the flashback of bows and poufyness it brought. Another flick that's not too shabby is one that's new from the Pixar Peeps: "Prep and Landing". WAY fun. Watch out, Frank Capra, you gots some competition!

But, if you had to pick, 7 and 37 would love to know: what's YOUR favorite Christmas movie?

5 comments:

  1. Love Actually is the BEST Christmas movie ever. Gil and I have seen it a million times and it still makes us feel good - cry a little and love each other more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love A Charlie Brown Christmas. There is no better movie for this time of year! What other film communicates the true meaning of Christmas head-on like this one and manages to avoid seeming forced or cheesy? We love that it doesn't hide the real deal with Christmas. Christmas celebrates Jesus' birth and all that meant and means to the world, and this movie states it plainly. Plus, there's lots of dry humor and stockings-full of wit. What could be better?

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a wonderful life... tops. but, I must say I love me some Elf, too. it's that song. i loves the song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey 7 & 37, My all time favorite Christmas movie is Elf! "Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color"? is my ringtone. Jan

    ReplyDelete