Sunday, December 13, 2009

playdates

from 7:

today my neighbor ms Sharon, called us and asked if I could come over to have a playdate with her daughter.(Savanna)and so then 37 drove me over to Savanna's house,( even though she was really our neighbor)because it was so freezin cold out there. so when we got there me and Savanna went up to her room and played Barbies and then we went downstairs to have a popsicle. we asked mr Brett if we could have one and he said if there's two. then me and Savanna got out 5 coloring books and we both got to pick out two I picked growing up with pets and I got surgery. then we played Barbies some more and then we told ms Sharon "we're bored" and then I asked ms Sharon if Savanna could come over to my house and ms Sharon said "if it's okay with your parents"and so we called my house and daddy answered the phone and I asked him "can I talk to mom and he said "yes" so me , mr Brett and Savanna walked to my house. and first we
had a build-a-bear parade with Jake, then we played american girls Savanna was Kit, and I was Ruthie and we went downstairs with Kit and Ruthie,and ate pizza and watched mickey's twice upon a christmas and then it was time for Savanna to go home. it was a fun day.

from 37:

The original title of tonight's entry was "playdates hard for adults"...7's idea..until she typed 13 lines and was too pooped to then explain WHY playdates are hard for adults. When she came to me with the title I thought her explanation was going to be about the coordination/serving/schepping/entertaining portion of a playdate that goes on for the adult. Her take was a little different, though. Had 7's tired fingers not betrayed her for the evening, she would have liked to have told you the following: Playdates are HARD for adults! You know why? Because adults don't PLAY, that's why! So, if Scott and I were to invite an adult or two over to OUR house for a playdate, we'd have nothing to DO! And you know what I think? She's kind of on to something! If you were to come over to my house at this very minute...no, wait, you wouldn't want to do that...I'm already in my monkey pajamas, and that might give you nightmares...but if you were to come over to my house TOMORROW, I'm sure I'd offer you a cup of coffee and maybe even a snack, but would we play? Friend, I'm sad to say, we probably would NOT. Why IS that? Why DON'T adults play more? I'm always up for a game of Uno or Scrabble or Gin Rummy. So, why don't I ever suggest it? Do any grown ups PLAY anymore? Maybe some of you do. I have a friend whose husband every once in a while challenges her to a spirited round of Hi Ho Cherry-O, winner takes all. So, there are those of you out there who are DOWN with game playing, even if you are a so-called grown-up. So, what about the rest of us? All of a sudden, I'm thinking a good game of Apples to Apples or Balderdash is in order. So, when are you coming over to play? Let's make a date!






from 37:

4 comments:

  1. play dates are easy. define play. I play while washing dishes, clothes, the dog... I play while knitting, sewing or cooking. I play whenever 37 OR 7 or 6, 9, 22, 30, or 43 want to. hooray for a very very loose interpretation of play.. and crack open the balderdash... I am GAME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello 7 & 37.
    This is Japanese 37.
    Miss 7, please tell Santa to come to Japan, too.

    By the way, 7 in Japanese is "hichi" it's like hitch (ask 37), but there are another way to say 7 in Japanese, it's "nana" Isn't it funny?

    Nana-chan, have a wonderful holiday!
    I love your blog. You are the coolest 7 I've ever met!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok Rie Santa comes all over the world so he will come to you if you have your stockings up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girls...haven't been able to look at your last couple of entries until now. You know I love me a good game of high-ho-cherrio!

    ReplyDelete